Consider this a soft opening for the campaign. We'll have a louder opening soon, after dbcgreentx.org undergoes some refurbishment.
Please Understand the Following
- I need to submit 5,000 petition signatures or $5,000 by 9 December, the deadline for candidate filing.
- I don't have $5,000. Sometimes even $5 is hard to come up with.
- I'm not good at asking people for money. If you are, I could use some help in that department. But I'd rather get on the ballot via petition.
- Very important: Those who sign the petition will be ineligible to vote in the big-party primaries or be delegates to any other party's conventions. That's the law. They also may not sign petitions for any other Green candidates for Senate.
- About 70% of registered voters in Texas typically don't vote in primaries anyway. The trick is finding them.
- If a stronger Green candidate emerges between now and December, I will end my campaign & help that candidate instead. There's no reason to try collecting 10,000 or more valid signatures for the same office.
- If Sema Hernández wins the Democratic nomination in March 2020, I do not plan to campaign against her, but will instead use my position as Green nominee to campaign for Instant Runoff Voting in Texas.