I didn't really do much research or fact-checking for this, so it emerged as a series of impressions based on the larger historical context than a point-by-point analysis of a situation that has me responding from emotion and moral repugnance rather than the dry facts. However, e morally repugnant fact is that the US continues to support governments that kill civilians and nonviolent protesters within and beyond their borders because the US—our purported beacon of democracy, liberty, and justice—HAS ALSO BEEN KILLING CIVILIANS AND NONVIOLENT PROTESTERS WITHIN AND BEYOND ITS BORDERS FOR-FUCKING-EVER. It's how we roll.
To paraphrase Mr. Orwell, Oceania is at war with humanity in the name of profit. Oceania has always been at war with humanity in the name of profit.
- The true Axis of Evil consists of Israel, the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and the United States of America.
- There are also Junior Axis members, mostly right-wing governments in Europe and Asia.
- This situation did not begin with the inauguration of #45; actions like moving the US Embassy to Jerusalem are simply overt manifestations of it.
- Both major parties in the US Congress and the White House have perpetuated it for decades. Let's not let Independents like Bernie Sanders off the hook either.
- The US enforces this New World Order at the behest of the Wall Street élite and the House of Saud, who have been increasingly gaming the system to their benefit since the 1980s and siphoned enough wealth to buy Congress (and state legislatures).
- All this does not mean that these nations ought to be destroyed, although you can debate about whether nation-states serve any purpose other than making certain people obscenely wealthy. Violence creates more problems that it solves. Just because something advances evil in the world doesn't mean that it must be destroyed; that's zero-one thinking, a dangerous form of dualism.
- Let's not delude ourselves, though: The only way to wrest our governments from the clutches of the billionaires is to unite against them and separate them from their fortunes. If, to paraphrase JFK, they continue to make non-violent change impossible, then violent change will become inevitable.
- Uniting the people is more difficult when the élite use the media and schools to keep the people ignorant and complacent.
- Unless something really unlikely & remarkable happens soon, we're truly & thoroughly fucked. War & climate chaos will continue and even accelerate.